, The Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 Blog: The Ideos X5 or U8800

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Ideos X5 or U8800

Coming over to the Phone itself, all the specification an stuff is provided below. The only thing which I miss in the device is a physical camera shutter button, lacks a secondary camera but i don't need it anyway. The box mrp of this device in India is 14,999/- INR and i got it for around 12,500/- INR. The phone came to my notice through a site (igyaan.in) and since then I have wished to get my hands on this one. In India the phone is only available in selected cities and even i had to order it online as all my efforts to find it in the local market were invain.


Here are the specifications and reviews of the  Ideos X5

GENERAL2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 2100
Announced2010, December
StatusAvailable. Released 2011, April
BODYDimensions120 x 62 x 11.6 mm
Weight130 g
- Touch-sensitive controls
DISPLAYTypeTFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size480 x 800 pixels, 3.8 inches (~246 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes
ProtectionScratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
SOUNDAlert typesVibration, MP3 ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes
- Dolby Mobile sound enhancement
MEMORYCard slotmicroSD (TransFlash) up to 32GB
Internal2/4 GB storage, 512 MB RAM
DATAGPRSClass 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGEClass 10, 236.8 kbps
SpeedHSDPA, 14.4 Mbps (U8800H) / 7.2 Mbps (U8800); HSUPA, 5.76 / 2 Mbps
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
BluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
USBYes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERAPrimary5 MP, 2592Ñ…1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
FeaturesGeo-tagging
VideoYes, 720p@30fps
SecondaryNo
FEATURESOSAndroid OS, v2.2 (Froyo), upgradable to v2.3
ChipsetQualcomm MSM7230
CPU800 MHz Scorpion
GPUAdreno 205
SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass
MessagingSMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
BrowserHTML, Adobe Flash
RadioNo
GPSYes, with A-GPS support
JavaYes, via Java MIDP emulator
ColorsBlack
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- SNS integration
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, Talk
- MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ player
- MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264 player
- Organizer
- Document viewer
- Photo viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BATTERYStandard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh
Stand-byUp to 380 h (2G) / Up to 440 h (3G)
Talk timeUp to 8 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 40 min (3G)
source: gsmarena.com


Reviews:








sources: igyaan.in and phonearena.com respectively.


2 comments:

  1. could you help me with my problem pls. my phone's dead after the ics 4.0 update failed. I tried to unpack my battery but when I turned it on nothing happened, no response at all. I tried pressing the volume +/- and the power button still no reaction. pls help me with this. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children need help urgently!! Let me explain: yesterday gave me a simple ideos x5 a friend of mine to do an upgrade, because I told him that I've done on my own which is a pro and I have gone to 4.0.3, without knowing I went and put the 2.3. 5 that I had stored on the pc but that was for the pro. The result opens mobile and left alone at IDEOS logo and does not go below!! Since yesterday I TRY reading in here and elsewhere to do something but I have not accomplish anything, also indicate that tucked into pink screen you see the folder image on the computer changes the file recovery but pressing vol + and power not access the menu recovery but remains in the logo (All this from yesterday I learned!!!!) please tell me what else can I do hopefully restore it to factory condition because they see me pay it. Let not any. helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




    ReplyDelete